Melanie Martinez Rape Accuser Shares Photo From The Night Of The Allegations

The Melanie Martinez rape allegations made by Timothy Heller, an aspiring musician, have gained massive traction over the last 24 hours. They even garnered a direct denial from Martinez herself, which, for those who didn’t believe Martinez, only seemed to inflame the situation.

Last month, Heller tweeted that she intended to share her story of being assaulted by a former friend. “What if I have my own story of abuse but I’m scared to ruin the person’s life and I still love them in a fucked up way and the public really really loves them,” according to an exclusive interview with Newsweek.

20 minutes after she posted that Tweet, Heller claims that Melanie called her directly. She hadn’t heard from her in more than a year.

“I started sobbing when I saw [Melanie] was calling me, and I blocked her,” Heller said.

From Newsweek: According to Heller, Martinez pressured her into sexual contact on June 25, 2015. Heller said Martinez pried for information on her sexual preferences and suggested they play a flirtatious game with handcuffs. “I was laughing along at first,” Heller said. “But Melanie was so serious.”

The photo, released by Newsweek, shows Martinez reportedly on the night in question.

For her part, Melanie Martinez released a statement denying the claims.